In partnership with Gas Safe Register
Gas Safe Register has teamed up with C&TH to offer readers the chance to win a £500 shopping voucher and a carbon monoxide alarm as a reminder of how important it is to keep your home safe… Enter the competition below.
As we enjoy the fine summer weather, Gas Safe Register is urging people not to be complacent when it comes to gas safety in the home, with Gas Safety Week (17-23 September) also helping to raise awareness. While we may not have our central heating on, 84% of people are still using gas appliances in the home, with 71% of people using a gas boiler for hot water and 49% continuing to use their hob.
The dangers of faulty gas appliances can be extreme, yet despite this, a fifth of people would only get their appliances serviced or checked if they stopped working. People are five times more likely to worry about the weather, or sunburn and hay fever this summer than carbon monoxide poisoning!
Nearly 1,300 homes and businesses were identified as unsafe by Gas Safe Register’s inspections team last summer due to dangerous gas appliances being found. This summer, Gas Safe Register is helping families become more aware of the dangers of unsafe gas appliances, by giving away a £500 high street shopping voucher along with a carbon monoxide alarm.
What would you do with a £500 shopping voucher? Love2Shop vouchers can be spent at a variety of high street shops, including Boots, Champneys, House of Fraser and Watches of Switzerland. Find the full list here.
Gas Safe Register is the registration body appointed by the Health and Safety Executive to manage the register of engineers who can legally and safely work on gas in the UK, Isle of Man and Guernsey.
For more information, and to find or check a Gas Safe registered engineer in your area visit GasSafeRegister.co.uk
Competition closes on 1 September 2018
Terms and Conditions
To see more competitions, click here.