‘Tis the season to brighten up your home with a beautiful Christmas wreath – but if you’d rather make your own than invest in shop-bought décor, we’ve got some top tips for wreath decorating, straight from the experts, plus a few of the best wreath-making classes happening for 2018.
The ultimate way to get excited about Christmas this year is to book in for a wreath-making masterclass. Keep reading to find out where you can get some help from the experts this year, or follow our guide below to make your own Christmas wreath in your very own home.
5 tips to decorate your own Christmas wreath
- Always work in a clockwise direction, following the wreath’s branches. This will help the wreath’s design to ‘flow’.
- Start by adding foliage and natural leaves. We worked with eucalyptus branches to add texture to the wreath.
- Use a natural hessian ribbon to tie your wreath to your door, and work with a strong floral wire to wrap around your decorations and insert into the wreath to hold in place.
- Keep it natural. If you use natural ingredients like dried fruit, lavender and acorns, rather than going crazy with the tinsel, the whole wreath will dry out evenly and continue to smell great all season.
- Work with bunches. Our teacher advised grouping two or three of each item together on the wreath to give more of an organised feel to your design. Tie together a few cinnamon sticks, group a couple of slices of dried orange and wire together three acorns to attach.
Christmas Wreath Making Classes in London and Beyond 2018
Daylesford Brompton Cross, London
On 29 November, Daylesford will be hosting a festive evening workshop at their lovely Chelsea farmshop. With plenty of natural foliage and seasonal blooms foraged from Daylesford’s organic Cutting Garden, you’ll make your very own Christmas wreath with guidance from experienced tutors. Seasonal refreshments will be served throughout the evening to add an extra festive touch. 29 November, 6.30-8.30pm. Daylesford Brompton Cross, 78-82 Sloane Avenue, Brompton Cross, London, SW3 3DZ. £125 per person. Book via their website daylesford.com or by calling 01608 731 700.
Sign up to our Newsletter