We’re Hiring! We’re Looking For A Talented Online Writer
Country & Town House is looking for a creative and talented online writer to join our growing digital team. Our tagline is ‘a life in balance’ and sustainability and championing British talent is at the heart of everything we do. If you want to be a part of this aspirational lifestyle brand and join a growing, independently-run publishing business – we want to hear from you.
We’re blind hiring for this position so rather than sending a CV, please send a cover letter including a short summary of relevant experience or what you would bring to the role without including any personal details or qualifications, complete the following questions / tasks and email them to [email protected] by 30 June 2021. Successful candidates will be invited for interview.
Reporting to the Online Editor, the Online Writer’s key responsibility is content creation across all digital platforms, predominantly countryandtownhouse.co.uk. Main responsibilities include pitching and writing news stories and features, working with the sales team across creative commercial projects and working towards traffic growth targets online.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Pitch, write, edit and publish news stories and longer features for the website across all areas of the site with one or two specialist pillars to oversee.
- Ensuring SEO good practice followed in all online pieces
- Work towards online UU and MPU targets
- Basic photo editing using Photoshop
- Sharing articles with relevant parties/platforms to widen readership and help hit targets
- Brainstorming ideas for online advertorials and writing them alongside the editor/commercial team
- Respond to website enquiries
- Building relationships with PRs
- Contributing to print title where relevant
- Involvement with content creation and ideas throughout the digital business.
Circa £25,000 p/a DOE
What does living a balanced life mean to you?
Which annual cultural event do you feel most affinity to and what do you love about it?
What efforts do you make in your life to live more sustainably?
What do you like about Countryandtownhouse.co.uk?
What could you do, personally, to improve it?
Your proudest achievement to date?
3 X Pitches for features we need to publish on Country & Town House
1 X 300-500 word news story or event post from this week that would work for the site.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re a junior writer looking to take the next step and you’d like to be a part of Country & Town House’s exciting future.
You might also like...