Quinoa & Beetroot Burger Recipe
Looking for meat-free meals this National Vegetarian Week? Check out this recipe from one of London’s best vegetarian restaurants, The Gate…
Makes 5 x 160g burgers
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 150g quinoa
- 200g cooked beetroot
- 15g salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 15ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- In a medium sized pot, cover the quinoa with water and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Peel and roast the sweet potatoes with a bit of oil in a pre-heated oven at 160c oven until they’re cooked (approximately 20 minutes).
- Mash the potatoes and reserve.
- Grate the beetroot and squeeze out any liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, parsley, breadcrumbs, beetroot and quinoa. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Leave the mix in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Shape into burgers.
- Fry each burger with a bit of oil over medium heat in a frying pan until golden and crispy on the outside.
Sign up to our Newsletter