If the sunshine has you craving fresh and healthy salads, this butter bean and spinach pesto salad is just the ticket. The Detox Kitchen opens its recipe book to bring us a quick and easy salad recipe that’s great for lunch boxes and English garden summer parties.
Butter Bean and Spinach Pesto Salad Recipe
For the pesto
- 1 handful cashew nuts
- ½ small bunch basil
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 tsp. rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
For the salad
- 200g butterbeans, drained
- 2 handfuls spinach, roughly chopped
- 5 radishes, cut into quarters
- To make the pesto, place all the ingredients in a small food processor and blitz to create a coarse texture. You can make a larger batch of the pesto by simply multiplying the ingredients; the pesto will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Tip the butterbeans into a large mixing bowl, add in the pesto and combine so that the beans are totally covered. Now add in the spinach and radishes and combine.
The Detox Kitchen’s home delivery packages’ VIP fans include Gwyneth Paltrow and Elle Macpherson. They open their third London deli this month, serving food made in their kitchens, with ingredients sourced locally and dishes free from wheat, dairy or refined sugar. Packages begin at £29 a day.