Recipe: Deliciously Ella’s Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Ellie Smith
How to make Deliciously Ella’s nut butter chocolate chip cookies, taken from new recipe book Deliciously Ella, Quick & Easy.
Recipe: Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are no-fuss, no-equipment, short-on-time vegan cookies. They are easy, incredibly delicious, a little crispy on the outside, soft in the middle and full of big chocolate chunks. These were one of my favourite recipes to test and I can’t wait for you to try them.
Makes 10 cookies
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 100g coconut sugar (or demerara sugar)
- 150g plain flour (we use a gluten-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50–100g dark chocolate (we like 70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 5 tablespoons almond or oat milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or any other nut butter (we also love cashew or peanut butter)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Place the coconut oil in a bowl and mix in the sugar, flour, baking powder and dark chocolate. Add the almond milk, almond butter and salt, and mix well until the mixture comes together.
- The mix may look crumbly, but it should stick together when pressed in your hands. Use a tablespoon of mixture for each cookie, pressing the mix firmly together and shaping it into a ball.
- Place the cookies on to the lined tray and bake for 12 minutes. They need quite a lot of space between them as they might spread as they bake. When they come out of the oven, they’ll still be a little soft, which is exactly what you want. Leave them to cool on the tray and they’ll finish setting. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe extracted from Deliciously Ella Quick & Easy, published by Yellow Kite, out now.
You might also like...