Recipe: Donna Hay’s Almond Crisp with Maple Pears
Quick, easy and delicious pear tarts recipe from Donna Hay’s new book, Everyday Fresh: Meals in Minutes
Recipe: Almond Crisp with Maple Pears
- 120g ground almonds
- 95g flaked almonds
- 2 egg whites
- 55g raw caster sugar
- 1 Beurre Bosc firm brown pear
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Vanilla bean, ice cream or yoghurt to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, place the ground almonds, flaked almonds, egg whites and sugar and mix to combine. Divide the mixture into four and
- press into 10cm rounds on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for ten minutes.
- Cut the pear in half vertically and use a teaspoon to remove the core. Cut each half into half again so you have four pear quarters. Make five slices down the length of each quarter, keeping the top 1cm near the stem intact.
- Gently fan out the pear quarters and place one on each tart base. Brush the pear quarters with maple syrup and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Brush the pears with the remaining maple syrup and serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
I love that something so simple to make can look and taste so good. Sticky wafer-like pears atop crispy almond biscuits make for a perfect match.
Everyday Fresh: Meals in Minutes, by Donna Hay, published by Fourth Estate is out now, RRP £20.00. Photography by Con Poulos, recipes and styling by Donna Hay.
You might also like...