National Tequila Day: 4 Twists on the Classic Margarita
You might also like...
Ready for an alfresco cocktail or two? How about four? Patrón give us three twists on the classic margarita, from the English Garden to the Smoked Sea Salt special. Grab your sunhat and follow these margarita recipes…
4 Twists on the Classic Margarita
Sherry, orange marmalade and lime make magic happen in this modern, Barcelona-inspired Margarita.
- 45ml Patrón Reposado
- 25ml Patrón Citrónge Orange
- 45ml Amontillado Sherry
- 30ml Lime Juice
- 15ml Agave Nectar
- 1 Barspoon orange marmalade
- Chamoy/Tajín rim (optional)
- Lime peel for garnish
- Combine liquid ingredients in cocktail shaker and shake with ice to chill.
- Strain into a Chamoy/Tajín-rimmed coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lime peel before exclaiming “Salud!”
English Garden Margarita
A margarita with a floral and sophisticated tea-steeped twist, this cocktail finds the sweet spot between tea time and happy hour.
- 1.5 oz Patrón Silver
- 0.5 oz Patrón Citrónge Orange
- 0.75 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 oz Apricot liqueur
- 0.5 oz Earl Grey tea syrup*
- 3 Drops orange flower water
- 2 Sugar snap peas, one for garnish
- 2 Sprigs mint, one for garnish
- + Pumpkin oil and smoked salt rim
- Add liquid ingredients to a cocktail shaker, along with 1 cracked sugar snap pea and 1 sprig of mint.
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Use a fine strainer to strain into glass rimmed with pumpkin oil and smoked salt.
- Garnish with mint sprig and sugar snap pea.
- *For Earl Grey tea syrup: Combine simple syrup (1 cup caster sugar with 1 cup water and bring to the boil, cooking until syrup-y texture is acquired) and 5 tea bags, steeping for 30 minutes.
Patrón Smoked Sea Salt Margarita
The 2015 Margarita of the Year is citrusy, smoky and best sipped on a lovely outdoor patio.
- 1.5 oz Patrón Silver
- 0.5 oz Fresh lime juice
- 0.5 oz Pineapple juice
- 0.5 oz Agave nectar
- 1 Pinch of smoked paprika
- + Smoked sea salt rim
- + Lime for garnish
- Prepare a rocks glass by moistening the rim and rolling it in smoked sea salt.
- Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake to chill.
- Fine strain over fresh ice cubes in the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a lime and a dusting of smoked paprika.
Perfect Patrón Margarita
The name of this margarita says it all – the perfect mix of citrusy flavours to enjoy on a sunny day.
- 1.5 oz Patrón Reposado
- 1 oz Patrón Citrónge Orange
- 0.75 oz Fresh lime juice
- 0.25 oz Simple syrup, to taste
- + Lime wheel for garnish
- + Kosher salt (optional)
- Combine ingredients in the cocktail shaker and shake with ice to chill.
- Strain into a salt-rimmed martini or rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.