In his latest book, The Collection, Michel Roux shares over 250 recipes inspired by his many years as a top chef and restaurateur.
- 1 quantity French meringue
- 1 mango
- 100g strawberries or wild strawberries
- 100g raspberries
- 100g redcurrants
- 100g blackberries
- 100g blueberries
- 400ml double cream
- 1 tbsp rosewater (optional)
- 4 passion fruit, halved
- Caster or icing sugar, to dust
From super modern dishes to reinterpretations of the classics and step by step explanations of cooking techniques, this is a cookery compendium packed with recipes for every season and occasion.
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC/Gas 2. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment and spread the meringue into a rough disc, 22cm in diameter, 5cm high. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes, then lower the setting to 120ºC/ Gas ½ and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Switch off the oven and leave the pavlova inside to cool for at least 6–8 hours, or preferably overnight. It should then be half-cooked in the middle, crisp on the outside, and the edges should be slightly cracked.
- Peel and thinly slice the mango off the stone. Rinse the berries in cold water if necessary, hull or de-stalk them, and place on kitchen paper to dry.
- Carefully peel off the parchment and place the pavlova on a flat serving plate. Whip the cream with the rosewater to a very light ribbon consistency, then spoon on top of the pavlova. Scatter the fruits over the surface, and then spoon the passion fruit pulp and seeds over the top. Dust with sugar and serve at once.
The Collection by Michel Roux is published by Quadrille, £25
Looking for more delicious recipes? Why not check out or other articles?
Have you heard of our newsletter?