Recipe: Lamb Shank and Couscous on Filo Pastry, served with Vegetable Tagine
We don’t know about you, but one of the things we’re missing about travel this year is the food. In an effort to help, we’re bringing you a host of world recipes to help you eat out while eating in. This Lamb Shank and Couscous on Filo Pastry recipe comes from The Ritz-Carlton Bahrain.
Lamb Shank and Couscous on Filo Pastry, served with Vegetable Tagine Recipe
- 1 kg lamb shank
- 1 kg tomato
- 500 g onion, finely chopped
- 200 ml olive oil
- 15 g garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 g saffron
- 20 g fresh rosemary
- 200 g butter
- 50 g pine seeds
- 20 g fresh parsley & coriander
- 500 g couscous
- 20 g salt
- 5 g black pepper
- 5 g cloves
- 5 g cinnamon
- Filo pastry
- Baby potatoes
- Baby carrots
- Baby marrow
- Baby eggplant
Lamb shank preparation
- In a hot pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil
- Add the tomatoes, coriander, and parsley. Mix for about 2 minutes
- Add the cumin and rosemary then sauté for another minute
- Put in the lamb and add a generous amount of water, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and cook for about 2 hours or until the lamb is tender
- Boil 2 cups of water and add saffron, onion, cloves, salt, and cinnamon.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes
- Remove the spices from the stock and add butter
- Add couscous, cover and wait for 15 minutes to cook
- Cut in round shape and bake in the oven at 160°c for about 6 minutes
- Sautè onion and garlic in olive oil then add tomatoes and spices
- Add the baby potatoes, carrots, marrow, and eggplant. Toss to combine.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Transfer to serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
To serve, put the couscous on top of the filo pastry then add the lamb shank. Serve with the vegetable tagine.
Enjoy! Thank you to The Ritz-Carlton Bahrain.
You might also like...