Recipe: Tagliatelle Pasta with Prawns
Not-for-profit initiative Hospitality for Heroes has launched a cookbook titled Recipes For Heroes, containing over 20 recipes from top UK chefs. This will help the charity on its continued mission to support NHS frontline workers. Below we share one of the recipes from the book: tagliatelle pasta by Edoardo Pellicano, executive chef at Michelin-starred Shoreditch restaurant Mãos.
Recipe: Tagliatelle Pasta with Prawns and Caviar
- 250g 00 flour
- 1 ½ egg yolks
- 1 egg yolk
- water to loosen up if too dry
- 2 large carabinero prawns
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 birds eye chilli
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp of dry sherry
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 500ml of water
- For the pasta dough, mix all the ingredients apart from the water and keep kneading until it comes together.
- Add little amounts of water if too dry.
- Let the dough rest for 20 minutes, cover it with a damp cloth and roll out using pasta machine.
- For the sauce, separate the heads and shells of the prawns and marinate the flesh with a drizzle of olive oil and leave at room temperature.
- Break up the prawn heads and shells, fry in a pan on high heat until nicely toasted. Add the whole garlic cloves and tomato puree and cook out.
- Add sherry to de glaze and then add water to make an intense prawn stock.
- Pass through sieve.
- Put your pot of water on to boil for the pasta. Start to sauté the rest of the garlic and chilli with olive oil. Once the chilli and garlic has softened add the prawn stock and start to reduce. You want to reduce the stock until it’s glossy and nice intense flavour.
- Cook the pasta for one minute and transfer into the sauce pan with a ladle of pasta water and cook for another minute or until cooked through.
- Slice the prawns and start assemble the dish on the plate.
- Finish with a generous spoon of caviar.
Recipe extracted from Recipes For Heroes. To buy the book donate £10 here (which will buy an NHS worker three meals) and you’ll receive an e-book copy.
You might also like...