This filling, Middle Eastern-inspired superfood bowl recipe – adapted from Avobar’s popular plant-based dish – is packed with antioxidants. Sweet potato, the main ingredient, can boost immunity due to its high level of beta-carotene (which is converted to vitamin A once consumed) as well as B vitamins, fibre & vitamin C.
Recipe: Avobar’s Moroccan Superfood Bowl
- Two sweet potatoes
- One avocado, halved
- Bunch of kale
- Handful of spinach
- Baby gem lettuce
- Small bunch of mint
- Coconut oil
- Dried spices: cumin, coriander and cinnamon
- Pomegranate seeds
- Bake the whole sweet potatoes in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45 minutes to 1 hour until completely cooked, depending upon their size.
- Scoop out the sweet potato from the skins and transfer to a mixing bowl, adding the spices to taste. Mix well.
- Shape small balls out of the sweet potato mix. Then, heat a sauté pan on medium heat, add coconut oil & cook from all the sides. Serve warm.
- Mix kale, spinach, baby gem and mint and split into two bowls, dressing with olive oil and mixing well.
- Add half the avocado to each, as well as the sweet potato balls. Serve the superfood bowl with more mint and a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds.