Stuck on what to do today? Let us help you. This Tuesday 30 January, we recommend that you head to Aquavit in St. James Market for a Fanny and Alexander themed Supper.
If you often find yourself stuck for ideas of what to do, we’ve come to the rescue with our brand new ‘What To Do Today’ feature. We handpick the best of what’s on in London and the country right now, whether a new restaurant, must-see show, exhibition ending soon or a pop-up that you must, ahem, pop in to. Check back every day for inspiration…
Ingmar Bergman Supper and Screening
For the most committed of Scandiphiles, Aquavit and its Michelin star already offer the ultimate Nordic dining experience. But today, things are even more seriously Scandinavian than usual. The infamous Swedish filmmaker Ingmar Bergman, whose centenary is being celebrated throughout 2018, will be honoured by tonight’s supper club, inspired by the film Fanny and Alexander. Aquavit will screen the film, coinciding with the BFI Southbank’s Ingmar Bergman season, as well as set the scene how Aquavit’s Executive Chef, Henrik Ritzén, does best- an inspired menu.
The offerings on tonight’s Fanny and Alexander themed Menu:
- Snacks and bread, which will include wholemeal sourdough, Danish dark rye and knäckebröd, a Swedish flat bread with seeds, all served with smoked cod’s roe butter, carrot & caraway, celeriac & lovage and beetroot & horseradish salads
- Vendace roe served with smoked mash and chives
- Toast Skagen on a sourdough crouton; a dish of Norwegian shrimps bound in a dill mayonnaise flavoured with horseradish and chives, topped with Vendace roe from Kalix, the north of Sweden
- Monkfish, served in “Jansson’s Temptation” style comes with crushed Jerusalem artichokes, onion puree and a sauce comprised of sprats
- Rib of veal, burnt onions and dill sauce, a riff on the classic version of “kalv i dill”
- Yorkshire rhubarb, vanilla ice cream, almond
There are a few spots remaining for the 5 Course Supper with a half bottle of wine, coffee and water. Inclusive of service. £100 per person. Book at designmynight.com.
Where & When
Aquavit 1 Carlton Street, No. 1 St James’s Market, London, SW1Y 4QQ
January 30th, 6.30 pm – 11 pm
For more information visit aquavitrestaurants