Homemade Beauty: Frappuccino Body Bars
Frappuccino‘s aren’t just for drinking. Here, we share a homemade beauty recipe from the Clean Beauty Co’s book; DIY Frappuccino Body Bars comprising coffee to boost circulation and shea butter to moisturise.
DIY Frappuccino Body Bars
We don’t need to tell you about the benefits coffee has on the appearance of your skin (we’re looking at you, cellulite) but the added benefit of these bars is the butter. Incredibly moisturising and high in vitamin E, it’ll leave your scrubbed skin super soft. Grapefruit and geranium are a pretty powerful combo: both help to stimulate blood flow and circulation, which, when combined with the coffee, will give you one hell of a kick in the morning.
85g shea butter
80g ground coffee
85g coconut oil
5 drops geranium essential oil
5 drops grapefruit oil
Makes: 10 bars
- Divide the shea butter in two and put one half to one side
- Melt the other half in a bain-marie
- Add the coffee and stir well, then spoon the mixture into a small, silicone muffin try, we use a 3 x 3cm tray
- Leave a gap at the top of each, the idea being the coconut oil will sit on top and form a white layer, and place in the freezer to cool
- Melt down the coconut oil and the remaining shea butter in a bain-marie
- Add the essential oils and stir well
- Once the coffee is solid, remove from the freezer
- Pour the liquid coconut mixture on top of each ‘muffin’
- Place in the fridge and again allow the entire mixture to solidify
- Keep in the fridge and use as and when you need
You might also like...