Ever wondered how the stars manage to look so flawless on the red carpet? There’s a simple answer – they have the best make-up artists in the business! C&TH beauty editor Nathalie Eleni explains how she achieves a flawless red carpet look and reveals the products which make it possible…
The C&TH beauty editor, Nathalie Eleni, talks us through how to get a flawless red carpet look as the BFI London Film Festival continues. Here, she takes us step by step as she completes a red carpet make up look on actress Sarah Winter.
Nathalie Eleni: Red Carpet Make-Up with Sarah Winter
Nathalie’s 10 steps for achieving red carpet glamour:
- Prep skin with a hydrating moisturiser – I used HealGel as it’s super soothing and a great base for makeup.
- While the moisturiser is absorbing, apply a pretty, metallic pink over your eyelids and blend – I used ByTerry Ombré Blackstar in Frozen Quartz followed by Bellapierre Shimmer 9Stack in Pandera where I used the rose gold shade to add extra highlights over the centre of the sockets and to line under the lash line
- Define the lash line with a gel liner, such as Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner in Black ink.
- Apply lots of mascara! I used Bareminerals Lash Domination which is great for even the most sensitive of eyes.
- Apply foundation to the centre of your face and blend outwards for a seamless finish. I used Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation which is very blendable and creamy. Conceal any dark shadows with an eye brightener, I love Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener.
- Define brows with Benefit 3D Browtones followed by Fool Proof Powder.
- Add a soft, peachy pink cream blush to cheeks, I used Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Precious.
- Add volume to your lips with a nude/pink lipliner, I used Rodial XXL Lip Liner in Pink Expresso. Fill in lips with a pretty pink berry gloss such as Paul and Joe Lipgloss in 04.
- Highlight cheekbones with an ethereal highlighter, I love Stila Highlighter in Transcendence.
- Perfect your T-Zone with a dusting of Rodial Instaglam Translucent HD Powder.