Ever wondered how the stars manage to look so flawless on the red carpet? There’s a simple answer – they have the best make-up artists in the business! C&TH beauty editor Nathalie Eleni explains how she achieves a flawless red carpet look and reveals the products which make it possible – just in time for the festive party season!
The C&TH beauty editor, Nathalie Eleni, talks us through how to get a flawless red carpet look, here done on beautiful actress Nell Hudson who will be gracing our screens in a two-hour special of Victoria on Christmas Day on ITV.
Nathalie Eleni: Red Carpet Make-Up with Nell Hudson
Nathalie’s 10 steps for achieving red carpet glamour:
- Prep skin with your usual moisturiser, then using a beauty blender (for flawless application) apply YSL All Hours Liquid Foundation – it’s long-lasting, so perfect for a party.
- Apply Le Correcteur de Chanel under eyes and over any blemishes, and buff over eyelids as an eye-shadow base.
- Apply Maxfactor Masterpiece Liquid Eye Shadow in Pearl Beige over your eyelids – this will help make any eyeshadow applied become more vibrant. Blend Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in Epatant over the top for a gorgeous, sophisticated metallic finish. Add an extra highlight to the centre of your socket and inner corners with Merton Metallic Powder in Gold.
- Add definition to your lash line with Rodial Smokey Eye Pen in Black, taking it right into the inner corners before smudging in with a small brush for a soft blended look
- Apply a volumising mascara to lashes, such as Marc Jacobs O!Mega Lash Volumising Mascara in Black.
- Comb through brows with Glossier Boy Brow to add natural definition.
- Enhance your skin with Tom Ford Illuminating Powder Duo in Moodlight – use the creamy shade to add highlights to your cheekbones and the bronze shade to add warmth to your skin.
- Apply By Terry Expert Dual Powder to your cheeks. I used Ivory Fair on Nell, but they do a great colour selection for different skin tones.
- Enhance your lip shape with Rodial XXL Lipliner in Pink Expresso, and apply a liquid matte lipstick such as Huda Beauty’s shade Bombshell.
- Set your makeup with a fine powder. I used Wunder2 Perfect Selfie Powder as it gives skin a flawless finish in photographs.