These healthy treats are naturally free from gluten, grains and refined sugar…
- 220g ground almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 40g dried cranberries (look for the sugar free, apple-sweetened variety)
- 40g whole pecans, each chopped into four pieces
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Mix ground almonds, spices, sea salt and baking soda. Stir through the cranberries and pecans.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Take 1 ½ tbsp of the mixture and shape into a rough cookie with your hands.
- Place on baking tray lined with parchment paper, pressing lightly to ½ cm thick.
- Repeat leaving plenty of space between biscuits.
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes, until browned at the edges but soft in the middle.