Truffle experts Monty Bojangles have partnered with Michelin starred chef, Mark Sargeant, to create a range of delicious puddings and naughty treats.
Pistachio Marooned Chocolate Tart
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Mark’s top tip: The Monty Bojangles Pistachio Marooned Chocolate Tart is the perfect pudding for any dinner party. Serve up slices with crushed pistachios, truffles and a side of whipped cream.
400g Monty Bojangles Pistachio Marooned Truffles
450ml single cream
150ml whole milk
3 large free-range eggs
1 packet of sweet pastry
- Line a fluted 10 inch tart case with the pastry and blind bake at 180°C until golden brown. Turn the oven down to 140°C.
- For the filling, bring the cream and milk to the boil and pour over the chocolate and stir until chocolate and cream are mixed. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs then add the chocolate and mix well. Fill the pastry case with the chocolate filling.
- Carefully place in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 to 40 mins – or until the filling appears set but with a slight wobble.
- Serve at room temperature.
Choccy Scoffy Brownies
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-35 minutes
Mark’s top tip: These brownies become chewier when they get older, so leave for two days and serve with caramel sauce for a really indulgent treat.
200g Monty Bojangles Choccy Scoffy Truffles
250g unsalted butter
50g chopped cashew nuts
145g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
360g caster sugar
4 large free-range eggs
- Pre-heat the over to 180°C. Line a 24cm baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl over simmering water, melt the butter and the chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Add the sultanas and nuts and stir together. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar, then add this to the chocolate mixer. Stir together well then beat the eggs and mix to a silk consistency.
- Pour the brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the over for around 25 to 35 minutes.
- The brownies should be crusty on the outside and soft in the middle. Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares.
Flutterscotch Chocolate Meringues
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins to 1 hour
Mark’s top tip: It’s really important you whisk your eggs to the right peak. They should also be pearly white with a nice shine.”
100g Monty Bojangles Flutterscotch Truffles
3 egg whites
150g icing sugar
Serving suggestion: With a handful of raspberries with a good dribble of double cream.
- Pre-heat the oven to 140°C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the truffles in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- In a clean, dry bowl whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar until soft peaks form. Gently fold the melted chocolate into the meringue, but making sure not to mix it completely so that you have a good marbled effect.
- Spoon large serving spoons of the mixture onto the prepared trays and quickly put in the over before the mixture loses volume.
- Leave for about 50mins to 1 hour or until the shell is nice and crisp and the centres retain soft and gooey.